The Christmas lights may already be up and your jackets and scarves have been pulled out of the closet. The evenings are getting darker and a winter chill is in the air. It’s the perfect time to get cozy at home. Invite a few close friends or family over for some dinner, and enjoy this winter soundtrack. Or perhaps you can curl up on the couch with a good book and some great winter tunes.
What are your favorite winter songs? There’s nothing quite like putting on your best track, and baking up some cookies for winter! Music goes with everything and baking is no exception. Here is a fun recipe for some nice cinnamon spicy cookies that will “go down a treat” this winter!
¼ cup sugar
2 tablespoons ground cinnamon
1 cup butter, softened
2 teaspoon vanilla
1 cup sugar
⅓ cup brown sugar
3 cups flour
1 tablespoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons cream of tartar
1 teaspoon baking soda
¼ teaspoon salt
1. Preheat the oven to 375˚F(190˚C).
2. In a small bowl, mix together sugar and cinnamon until evenly incorporated.
3. In a large mixing bowl whip the butter with vanilla until light and fluffy.
4. Add the sugar and brown sugar and mix until well incorporated.
5. Add the eggs and stir until thoroughly incorporated.
6. Using a sift add the flour, cream of tartar, cinnamon, baking soda, and salt and sift into the dough. Combine until evenly mixed.
7. Using your hands roll dough into ping pong sized balls.
8. Dip the dough into cinnamon sugar mixture and roll around covering the dough ball completely.
9. Place cookie dough on parchment paper-lined baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes.